Roasted Sweet Corn Soup with Smoked Trout and Heirloom Tomatoes
- 1 large heirloom tomato, diced small
- 1/4 red onion, diced small
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro, plus sprigs for garnish
- 10 ears fresh corn
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 white onion, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup diced bacon (about 5 strips)
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 2 1/2 quarts water
- 1 large chipotle chile
- 2 1/2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 (4-ounce) fillet of smoked trout
Toss the heirloom tomatoes, red onion and cilantro in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper to taste and set aside.
Preheat a grill. Lightly coat the ears of corn with vegetable oil. Grill the corn, turning frequently until the majority of the kernels are brown. Remove the kernels from the cob, cutting close to the cob so as to remove as much of the starch in the cob as possible.
In a large pot, saute the onion and bacon until the bacon is crisp. Add cumin and cook for another couple of minutes. Add the corn, water, and chipotle. Simmer for 1 hour. Using a hand blender, puree on high speed until smooth. Add lime juice and season with salt. Strain through a fine strainer.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.