Roasted Tomato Caprese
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 cup packed fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 1 cup good olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 4 large Roma tomatoes
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 thin slices prosciutto, sliced into ribbons
- 2 large balls fresh buffalo mozzarella, sliced into 6 rounds
For the pesto: In a food processor chop the garlic and basil and puree until chopped finely. Add in the remaining ingredients and puree until smooth. Set aside until ready to use.
For the tomatoes: Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Slice the tomatoes into 3 pieces, each about 1/2-inch thick, being sure to slice off the tops and bottoms. Toss with olive oil, salt and pepper and then place onto a foil-lined baking sheet. Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour. Set a side to cool.
For the prosciutto: Slice the prosciutto into ribbons and bake in a 350 degree F oven until crispy. About 20 minutes.
Professional Recipe: This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and makes a large quantity. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe in the proportions indicated and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.