Roasted Tomato Caprese
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 cup packed fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 1 cup good olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 4 large Roma tomatoes
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 thin slices prosciutto, sliced into ribbons
- 2 large balls fresh buffalo mozzarella, sliced into 6 rounds
For the pesto: In a food processor chop the garlic and basil and puree until chopped finely. Add in the remaining ingredients and puree until smooth. Set aside until ready to use.
For the tomatoes: Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Slice the tomatoes into 3 pieces, each about 1/2-inch thick, being sure to slice off the tops and bottoms. Toss with olive oil, salt and pepper and then place onto a foil-lined baking sheet. Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour. Set a side to cool.
For the prosciutto: Slice the prosciutto into ribbons and bake in a 350 degree F oven until crispy. About 20 minutes.
Professional Recipe: This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and makes a large quantity. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe in the proportions indicated and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.