Roasted Vegetable Pasta
- 1 medium zucchini, diced
- 1 medium yellow squash, diced
- 12 ounces frozen artichoke hearts, thawed and halved
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 small stalk celery, diced
- 1/2 small onion, diced
- 1 small carrot, diced
- 8 ripe Roma tomatoes, quartered
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil, plus more for garnish
- 2 ounces vodka
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 pound fusilli
- Grated parmesan cheese, for garnish
Preheat the oven to 425. Toss the zucchini, squash and artichoke hearts with the olive oil on a baking sheet; season with salt and pepper. Roast until tender, about 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, heat the butter in a large deep skillet or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add the garlic, celery, onion and carrot and cook until the vegetables are slightly tender, about 5 minutes. Add the tomatoes and basil, season with salt and pepper and cook until the vegetables are tender, about 8 minutes. Add the vodka and bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and cook until slightly thickened, about 1 minute. Puree the sauce with a blender, then add the heavy cream and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper.
Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the fusilli and cook as the label directs. Drain and transfer to the skillet with the sauce. Add the roasted vegetables and toss. Garnish with more basil and parmesan.
Photograph by Kang Kima
Thank you! your flag was submitted.