Roasted Yellow Pepper Soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small carrot, peeled and finely diced
- 1/2 small sweet onion, minced
- 1 1/2 pound yellow and orange bell peppers, roasted, peeled, cut into small strips
- 1 baking potato (about 12 ounces) peeled and diced into 1/2-inch cubes
- 3 cups vegetable or chicken stock
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons prepared pesto
In a 3-quart saucepan heat olive oil. Add carrots and onions and cook until soft. Add peppers and cook 2 minutes more. Add potatoes and stock and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are cooked through and starting to fall apart, about 25 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Use a stick blender, food processor or blender to puree soup. If necessary, return to pot and reheat. Garnish each portion with 1 teaspoon of pesto. Serve immediately.
Recipe courtesy of Kathleen Daelemans