Roasted Zucchini with Preserved Lemon and Oregano (Greek)
- 2 large zucchini
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, diced
- 1 tablespoon chopped shallots
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano leaves
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped preserved lemon, store-bought or homemade
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Put a roasting pan in the oven to preheat.
Cut the zucchini in half lengthwise, then cut across into thirds. Put the zucchini into a bowl and add the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, shallots, parsley and oregano, and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Toss to combine.
Carefully remove the hot roasting pan from the oven and add the zucchini mixture. Put the pan to the oven and roast for 3 minutes. Remove it, and stir in the olives and preserved lemon. Return the pan to the oven and cook for about 3 to 4 minutes, don't let the zucchini get too soft. Transfer to a serving bowl and serve immediately.
Recipe courtesy Beau MacMillan