- 8 pounds fish fillet, robalo, red snapper, or grouper, skin removed
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 pound butter
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 12 1/2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 1 3/4 cups olives
- 1 1/3 cups diced jalapenos
- 6 bay leaves
- 3 teaspoons chopped Mexican thyme
- 1/3 cup chopped parsley
- 2 pounds cooked shrimp
- 2 pounds cooked crabmeat
- 2 pounds cooked octopus
- 6 cups mayonnaise
- Salt and pepper
- 1 sliced red bell pepper, for garnish
- 1 bunch fresh parsley, leaves chopped, for garnish
- 4 oranges, sliced, for garnish
- Aluminum foil, to cover
On an oiled shallow baking sheet, lay the fish fillets out, forming one large fillet.
In a very large saucepan, add olive oil and butter. When hot add onions, tomatoes, olives, jalapenos, bay leaves, thyme, and parsley. Add shrimp, crab, and octopus. Cook 10 minutes. Chill completely.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Place stuffing down center of fish fillets, fold sides to cover filling. Cover with foil and bake for 10 minutes. Add layer of mayonnaise and broil 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
Garnish with sliced red bell peppers, parsley, and orange slices.