Balti Chicken Curry
- 4 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 2 large onions, finely sliced
- 3 tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 2 teaspoons chopped green chiles, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon chopped ginger
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 2 teaspoons green peppercorns (brined in cans)
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoons garam masala powder
- 4 large whole chicken breasts, or cut into small pieces
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 4 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 cup vanilla yogurt
- 4 tablespoons freshly chopped cilantro leaves
- 2 lemons, juiced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Basmati rice and naan bread, for serving
In a large heavy bottomed skillet (cast iron preferred), heat the oil over medium heat until hot but not smoking. Add the onions and chopped tomatoes and stir-fry until soft. Stir in the green chiles, ginger, garlic, peppercorns, chili powder and garam masala and cook for another 5 minutes to bring out the aroma of the spices.
Add the chicken (whole breasts or chopped) and cook for 5 minutes turning frequently. Stir in the chicken stock and cook until all the flavors have combined, about 10 to 12 minutes. Add the tomato paste and stir, which will help thicken the sauce. Remove from the heat and add the vanilla yogurt, cilantro and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper and let it rest for another 5 minutes until all the flavors meld. Transfer to a serving bowl and serve with Basmati Rice and Naan Bread, if desired.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Grilled Chicken Curry with Peanut Dipping Sauce, Lady Marmalade Chicken Salad, Poulet a la Creole (Curried Chicken with Pineapple, Cucumber, and Coconut), Gingerbread Recipes, Teriyaki Chicken Recipes, Chicken, Chicken Piccata Recipes, Ginger Snap Recipes, Orange Chicken Recipes