Beef and Bell Peppers En Brochette
- 3 pounds London broil
- 2 teaspoons Irvine Spices Smokey Rotisserie Seasoning
- 1 cup red wine (1/2 cup for marinating and 1/2 cup for sauce)
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 red bell peppers, stem and seeds removed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 yellow bell peppers, stem and seeds removed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 white onions, peeled and cut into 1-inch wedges
- 12 to 16 long wooden skewers, soaked in water for at least 25 minutes
Rinse the meat to remove any unwanted smells and pat dry with paper toweling. Season the meat with Smokey Rotisserie Seasoning and rub in well. Cover with plastic and let sit for 25 minutes. Cut the meat into 1-inch cubes, then place the meat in a bowl and pour in 1/2 cup of the red wine (reserving the other 1/2 cup), and let marinate for a minimum of 2 hours or overnight, if possible refrigerated.
Whisk together the remaining red wine, the Worcestershire sauce, and the olive oil to make a sauce.
Place red bell peppers, yellow bell peppers and onions on skewer in this order: red pepper, beef, onion, beef, green pepper, beef, etc. (With 3 pounds meat you will probably have around 48 cubes of beef, so you can put 3 or 4 beef cubes per skewer.) Grill on all sides, brushing with sauce as it cooks. Let vegetables caramelize and lightly blacken beef, being careful not to burn.