- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, plus softened butter for liners
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon pink food coloring
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1/2 cup colored granulated sugar, for decoration
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Place paper liners in a 12 cup muffin tin and brush the liners with butter.
In a separate bowl mix together flour, salt and baking powder, then slowly stir in the milk Add the flour mixture to the egg mixture and beat for 2 minutes or until everything is incorporated. Fill the muffin cups with the batter and bake for about 18 minutes or until golden brown. Insert a toothpick into the center of a cake and when it comes out clean, they're ready.
Remove from the oven and set aside to cool while you make the frosting.
Combine all the frosting ingredients, except the cream, in a medium bowl and beat well. Gradually add the cream, a little at a time, for desired consistency. If you need it tighter add less cream or wetter add more cream.
When the cupcakes have cooled completely, spread the top of each cake with the frosting and sprinkle with colored sugar. Place on a platter and serve.