- 12 large tomatoes, cut in 1/2
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons freshly chopped parsley leaves
- 2 teaspoons freshly chopped thyme leaves
- 2 teaspoons freshly chopped tarragon leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 200 degrees F.
Place the tomatoes, cut side up, on a cookie sheet. Combine the remaining ingredients, except the oil, in a small bowl. Rub the tomatoes with a little oil and top each tomato with a generous amount the bread crumb and herb mixture. Season with salt and pepper and bake for 10 minutes.
2009, Robert Irvine, All Rights Reserved