- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 cup apple juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 red potatoes, scrubbed well, cut into 1-inch wedges, boiled until tender and allowed to cool
- 1 pound haricots verts, trimmed, steamed until just tender but still bright green and allowed to cool
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley leaves (about 1-ounce)
- 2 (6-ounce) cans tuna, drained
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 6 hard boiled eggs (peeled while warm) and allowed to cool, cut into 4 wedges lengthwise
Prepare the salad dressing just before use. Add vinegar, apple juice, Dijon mustard, salt, and pepper 1 at a time through the feed opening of a running blender. Then, leaving the blender running, add the olive oil in a slow steady stream.
Cut the potatoes into 1/4-inch thick slices and add to a mixing bowl. Slice the green beans into 3/4 to 1-inch lengths and add to the potatoes. Fold in parsley and tuna. Toss gently with enough dressing to coat and top with wedges of hard boiled egg.