- 1/8 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks)
- 4 stalks celery, scrubbed and diced medium
- 2 medium onions, diced medium
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley plus 10 small springs for garnish (about 2 to 3 ounces)
- 2 cups clam juice
- 2 pounds fresh manila clams (approximately 12 to 14 dozen or 8 pounds in shell, well-scrubbed)
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 2 tablespoons crab boil seasoning (recommended: Old Bay)
- 2 pounds linguini
Bring a large pot of water to boil for the pasta.
In a large saucepan, heat oil and butter and add celery and onions, sauteing until translucent. Add clam juice and mix well to integrate flavors. Stir in clams and continue to simmer until clams open. Discard any clams that do not open. Season with salt, pepper and crab boil seasoning. Remove clams to a utility platter.
Salt the water for the pasta and boil linguini until al dente. Drain well and transfer to pot of clam sauce. Stir to coat and transfer to serving dish, topping with the clams.