Crawfish and Crab Soup
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup white onions, diced
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn kernels
- 1/2 pound fresh cleaned and shelled crawfish, or use frozen
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 2 cups seafood broth
- 1/2 pound jumbo lump crabmeat
- 1 cup diced, cooked potatoes
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup cream cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped parsley leaves
- 2 teaspoons grated pecorino cheese
Melt the butter in a large saucepan, over medium heat. Add the onions, corn and crawfish and saute for about 3 to 4 minutes. Add the cream, broth and crabmeat and bring to a high simmer, but do not boil. Cook for about 10 minutes to meld flavors, then reduce the heat to low. Add the potatoes, green onions, cream cheese and cayenne pepper. Adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper, to taste.
To finish, stir in the 2 egg yolks, lime juice, chopped parsley and grated cheese. Ladle into serving bowls and serve. Great dish.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.