- 1 pound sliced ham, pitt or tavern (16 slices)
- 8 ounces Gruyere cheese, sliced (8 slices)
- 8 slices baguette, 1/3-inch thick
- 1/4 cup Dijon-style mustard
- 1/2 stick butter, at room temperature
To prepare the sandwich, stack 4 slices of ham and 2 slices of cheese on a slice of bread. Evenly apply a quarter portion of the mustard to the inside of the second slice of bread. After stacking evenly, apply butter to both exterior slices, and then cook in a preheated pan or griddle on medium heat. Cook until golden brown, and then flip and repeat the process. This should take 2 to 3 minutes per side. Once cooked, remove and enjoy.