- 3/8 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/8 cup miso (soybean paste)
- 1 cup sesame oil
- 6 cups shredded dashi kombu (kelp)
- 2 English cucumbers, peeled, seeds removed and cut into chunks
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
Through the feed opening of a running blender, add, 1 at a time, vinegar, salt and miso, then leaving the blender running, add the oil in a slow thin stream. Toss the dashi kombu enough dressing to coat and let sit for 1 hour.
Toss cucumber with just before serving, transfer to serving bowls and sprinkle with sesame seeds.