- Vegetable spray
- 8 hot dog buns, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/3 cup golden raisins, rehydrated
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Spray a 10 by 10-inch glass or ceramic baking dish with vegetable spray and add the cubed hot dog buns. In a saucepan over low heat add the raisins, butter, condensed milk and vanilla, stirring throughout, being careful not to scorch, for 15 to 20 minutes. Remove the pot from the heat, whisk in the eggs then pour the custard over buns. Let the buns to soak for 20 to 30 minutes. Once the custard has been absorbed, sprinkle the top with pecans, cinnamon and sugar. Bake in the oven, uncovered, until set, about 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and serve.