- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons horseradish
- Salt, a pinch
- White pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon Cajun spice
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce, such as Tabasco
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef, 80/20 blend
- 1 tablespoon salt and pepper blend
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Four 5-inch kaiser buns
- 1/4 cup grapeseed oil
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 large dill pickle, sliced into rounds
For the spicy ketchup: Combine the ketchup, Cajun spice and hot sauce in a bowl.
Preheat a flattop to medium-high heat, 300 degrees F, and then place the buttered interior of the buns face down on the flat top, cooking until golden brown. Then remove.
Next, add 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil to the flat top. Place the burgers on the oiled surface and cook for 2 minutes on each side.
Assemble the tomatoes, onions and pickles on a cutting board. Then spread the spicy ketchup on the bottom bun. Place the first burger on the bun, then layer with tomatoes, onions and pickles. To finish, top with the lettuce mixture, and then stack a second burger on top. Score with a toothpick. Repeat with the remaining ingredients.