- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3 shallots, finely chopped
- 8 ounce package frozen peas, thawed
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 16 (2-inch) short-dough tartlet (butter based shells used to make hors d'oeuvres, available in gourmet stores)
Combine cream, garlic, and shallot in a saucepan over low heat and reduce by about 1/3.
Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
Add peas, half of the Parmesan, nutmeg, and salt and pepper to cream mixture, and continue to reduce to medium thickness, then let cool. Place a spoonful of the peas mixture into each tartlet shell. Sprinkle reserved Parmesan on top of each. Brown in oven, and serve hot.