- One 14-ounce can coconut milk
- 1 cup coconut flakes
- 1 tablespoon sambal chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon kosher sea salt
- Juice of 6 limes
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 pounds fresh halibut, divided into four 6 to 8-ounce portions
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- Jasmine rice, cooked, for serving
For the sauce: In a bowl, blend the coconut milk, coconut flakes, chili sauce, corn syrup, parsley, tomato paste, salt and lime juice and allow to marinate for 30 minutes. Then pour through a sieve or strainer into a saucepan. Heat over low heat until warmed. Whisk in the butter off the heat before serving.
For the fish: Preheat the grill to 350 degrees F or a grill pan over high heat. Then sprinkle the fish with salt, pepper and the coriander. Cook the fish on both sides until medium-well in temperature, 5 to 6 minutes per side. Once cooked, remove from the heat and rest for 2 to 3 minutes.
Serve the fish over jasmine rice. Finish with the sauce.