Home Again Honey Glazed Brisket
- 1 (4-pound) beef brisket
- 1 tablespoon Irvine Spices Smokey Rotisserie Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce (your choice)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup honey
- Special equipment: an outdoor smoker and water-soaked wood chips, preferably mesquite or any hardwood (avoid green, resinous, or treated woods)
Rinse brisket and dry well with paper towels. Prepare a rub by combining Smokey Rotisserie Seasoning, garlic powder, salt and black pepper in a small bowl and rubbing over entire surface of brisket. Follow manufacturer's instructions for the smoker. General rule of thumb is to maintain a temperature range of 255 to 300 degrees F (indirect heat), and smoke for 1 to 1 1/2 hours per pound of meat (4 to 6 hours for a 4-pound brisket). Towards the end of the smoking time, combine the barbecue sauce and brown sugar in a small bowl and spread on the brisket.
Just before serving, glaze with honey and serve family style.