Impressionist Waldorf Salad
- Red wine vinaigrette:
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 shallot, quartered
- 2 teaspoons chopped chives
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 cup (4 to 6 stalks) celery, diced
- 1 large Granny Smith apple, cored and diced, skin left on, and tossed with lemon juice to prevent oxidation
- 1 large red apple, such as Braeburn, Gala, or Fuji, skin left on and tossed with lemon juice to prevent oxidation
- 1 cup walnut halves, about 40
- 1 medium red onion, diced
Through the feed opening of a running blender add, 1 at a time, the vinegar, shallot, chives, salt and pepper. Leaving the blender running, add the oil in a slow thin stream and allow to emulsify. Taste and adjust seasoning, as needed, with salt and pepper.
Toss together celery, apples, walnuts and onions, and with enough dressing to coat.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.