- 1 to 2 tablespoons canola oil, as needed to saute sausage and coat mushrooms
- 1 pound chorizo sausage, casings removed
- 3 cups fresh spinach, soaked in salt water to remove grit and dried in a salad spinner, and cut
- brunoise (julienne then crosswise) into 1/2-inch pieces
- 32 large white button mushrooms (about 16 ounces), cleaned and stems removed
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup Parmesan
Heat a small amount of canola oil in a saute pan over medium-high heat. Add the sausage meat and brown. Drain off any excess fat and add spinach. Cook together until flavors integrate and spinach softens, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Season mushroom caps with salt and pepper and toss with canola oil. Stuff mushroom caps with sausage/spinach mixture and sprinkle with Parmesan. Brown in oven and serve.