Lavender Honey Scented Scallops
- 2 cups grapeseed oil, for frying plus 2 tablespoons
- 1 leek, green stalk only, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon dried lavender
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 18 diver (dry packed) scallops, 10 to 20 count
- Salt and freshly cracked black pepper
In small saucepan, over high heat, add 2 cups grapeseed oil and bring to 350 degrees F.
Carefully drop the leeks into the oil and fry until golden brown. Remove them from oil to paper towels to dry and set aside until plating.
In a large saute pan over high heat, add the remaining 2 tablespoons of grapeseed oil and heat to the verge of smoking. Pat the scallops dry with a paper towel, season with salt and pepper, and add them to the grapeseed oil, in batches if necessary. Cook until golden brown on both sides, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Arrange the leeks on a serving platter and top with the scallops. Drizzle with lavender honey and serve.
Recipe courtesy of Robert Irvines Eat! All Rights Reserved 2010