- 2 cups grapeseed oil, for frying plus 2 tablespoons
- 1 leek, green stalk only, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon dried lavender
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 18 diver (dry packed) scallops, 10 to 20 count
- Salt and freshly cracked black pepper
In small saucepan, over high heat, add 2 cups grapeseed oil and bring to 350 degrees F.
In a large saute pan over high heat, add the remaining 2 tablespoons of grapeseed oil and heat to the verge of smoking. Pat the scallops dry with a paper towel, season with salt and pepper, and add them to the grapeseed oil, in batches if necessary. Cook until golden brown on both sides, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Arrange the leeks on a serving platter and top with the scallops. Drizzle with lavender honey and serve.