- 8 sheets phyllo dough (based on 18 by 14-inch sheets which are often sold in packs of 18 to 20)
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 2 lobster tails, poached and finely chopped
- 1 small wheel (about 8-ounces) brie cheese, cut into small pieces
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh chives
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. If phyllo was frozen, make sure it is completely defrosted before handling it. Once removed from package, you will need to cover phyllo with waxed paper and a damp towel to prevent it from drying out. Lay out each dough sheet and brush on butter. Fold in half, brush again, fold in half, cut in half. (Each dough sheet should yield 2 rectangles, roughly 4 by 4 inches, so you will have 16 squares.) In mixing bowl, combine lobster, cheese, parsley and chives and season with salt and pepper. Place mixture on each square of dough. Bring up corners into smaller square packet and brush more butter on top. Bake in oven until golden brown.
* Shellfish Warning
Consumption of raw or undercooked shellfish may substantially increase the risk of foodborne illness.