- Butter or cooking spray, for greasing
- 2 cups diced peaches (fresh or canned)
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 fresh vanilla pod, split in 1/2, seeds removed and reserved
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar, sifted
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Grease 6 ceramic ramekins. In a large bowl mix together the peaches, cranberries, chopped mint, sugar, and cracked black pepper. Divide between the ramekins.
In another bowl, add the eggs, milk, flour, and vanilla seeds and mix well. Ladle over the fruit mixture.
Line a large oven-proof casserole dish with newspaper or kitchen towels, 3 to 4 layers thick. Arrange the ramekins on top of the paper. Add enough water to reach half way up the sides of the ramekins. Put in the oven and bake until golden brown and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean, about 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for about 1 hour. Dust with confectioners' sugar before serving.