Peanut Butter Chili
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15- ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar, optional
- 2 cups tortilla chips, optional
Place the diced tomatoes, water, garlic, and bay leaves into a large saucepan, and bring to a simmer over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low, and season with the cayenne pepper, chili powder, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning. Cover, and simmer 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, pour in the black beans and kidney beans; return to a simmer, and cook for 5 minutes. Stir in the peanut butter until dissolved, then remove and discard the bay leaves, and season the chili with salt and pepper, to taste. Remove to a serving bowl and serve sprinkled with Cheddar, if desired, and tortilla chips alongside.
Cook's Note: To make a different version using ground pork, just saute 2 diced onions with 3 cloves of chopped garlic and 2 pounds of ground pork. Cook until golden brown and then add to the mixture above and adjust seasoning.
Yield 6 to 8 servings
Thank you! your flag was submitted.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Chocolate Peanut Butter Burgers (French Macaroons), Peanut Butter Crackers With Glazed Grapes, Peanut Butter-Hazelnut Brownies, Garlic Chicken Recipes, Chicken Cordon Bleu Recipes, Christmas Dinner Recipes, Turkey Chili Recipes, Stuffed Pork Chops Recipes, Beef Wellington Recipes