Peanut Butter Chili
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15- ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar, optional
- 2 cups tortilla chips, optional
Place the diced tomatoes, water, garlic, and bay leaves into a large saucepan, and bring to a simmer over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low, and season with the cayenne pepper, chili powder, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning. Cover, and simmer 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, pour in the black beans and kidney beans; return to a simmer, and cook for 5 minutes. Stir in the peanut butter until dissolved, then remove and discard the bay leaves, and season the chili with salt and pepper, to taste. Remove to a serving bowl and serve sprinkled with Cheddar, if desired, and tortilla chips alongside.
Cook's Note: To make a different version using ground pork, just saute 2 diced onions with 3 cloves of chopped garlic and 2 pounds of ground pork. Cook until golden brown and then add to the mixture above and adjust seasoning.
Yield 6 to 8 servings
Thank you! your flag was submitted.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Build Me Up, Peanut Butter Cup, Peanut Smoked Pork Loin with Peanut Butter BBQ Sauce and Carrot and Pickled Onion Salad, Chocolate Peanut Butter Emapanadas, Easy Lunch, Stuffed Pork Chops Recipes, Enchilada Recipes, Beef Chili Recipes, Garlic Chicken Recipes, Dinner Parties Recipes