Pineapple and Artichoke Pasta
- 2 pounds farfalle (or your choice of pasta)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 large red onion, peeled and diced small
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 tablespoons freshly chopped cilantro leaves
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped parsley leaves
- 1 fresh pineapple, skin removed, cored and cut into chunks
- 2 (16-ounce) cans artichokes, cut into wedges
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 sprigs fresh cilantro
In a large pot, cook pasta to al dente, drain and set aside.
In a large saute pan over medium-high heat, add the olive oil. Once heated, add the onion, garlic, cilantro, and parsley and saute until the onions becomes translucent. Stir in pineapple and cook until it begins to soften.
Stir artichokes into saute pan, season with salt and pepper, to taste, and add vinegar. Remove saute pan from the heat, add cooked pasta to saute pan. Pour the extra-virgin olive oil and toss to coat.
Transfer pasta to a large serving bowl and garnish with cilantro. Serve family style.
Recipe courtesy of Emeril Lagasse