Pitch and Putt Peppered Shrimp
- 1 liter canola oil, or enough as needed to deep-fry
- 2 pounds (21 to 25 size) shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons Irvine Spices Roasted Garlic Pepper Seasoning
- 1 to 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 lemon
- 12 "lobster" rolls (with slit on top)
- 2 cups fresh lettuce (such as red leaf or green leaf), rinsed and dried with a salad spinner and sliced julienne
- 2 large ripe tomatoes, seeds removed and diced
Heat oil in deep-fryer to 375 degrees F.
Shake flour, cornstarch, Roasted Garlic Pepper Seasoning, and salt together in a plastic bag. Add shrimp to bag in small batches and shake to coat with flour mixture. Deep-fry until golden brown.
Remove to paper toweling to drain and squeeze fresh lemon juice on top.
Place into lobster rolls with shredded lettuce and tomato. Serve with your favorite seafood sauce.
2007, Robert Irvine, All Rights Reserved