Pork Loin with Cranberry Apple Stuffing
- 1 tablespoon Irvine Spices Roasted Garlic Pepper Seasoning
- 1 (3-pound) pork loin
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil (approximately)
- 2 pounds dry bread cubes
- 1 pound melted butter
- 1 quart apple juice
- 8 apples, small dice
- 1 1/2 cup fresh cranberries
- 2 tablespoons poultry seasoning
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 16 ounces prepared brown sauce or gravy
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Rub garlic pepper seasoning into pork loin. Heat a small amount of oil in a pan and sear all sides of meat. Roast covered in oven until fork tender, at least 35 minutes. Combine bread cubes, butter, apple juice, apples, cranberries, poultry seasoning, and salt and pepper in a bowl and mix well. Bake stuffing uncovered in oven until dry and fluffy, 35 to 40 minutes. Let pork rest before slicing. Lay slices of pork loin over stuffing and finish with any type of brown sauce.
*Chef's Note: You could also substitute 1 cup of dried cranberries for the fresh, if you'd like, which are a little sweeter and more intense in flavor.
Copyright 2006, Robert Irvine, All Rights Reserved
Recipe courtesy of Bobby Flay
Recipe courtesy of Robin Miller