- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup grape jelly
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 3 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, roughly chopped
- 1 large bell pepper, cored and roughly chopped
- 3 ribs celery, roughly chopped
- 48 ounces canned red beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 8 ounces andouille (Cajun sausage), thinly sliced on the bias
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons Cajun spice
- 2 cups chicken stock
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Whisk all of the ingredients together in a mixing bowl and set aside until needed.
In a 2 gallon stock pot over high heat, add the grapeseed oil and the onions, pepper and celery. Cook until the onions become translucent, about 15 minutes. Add the beans, garlic and andouille and cook for 5 more minutes. Remove from the stove and add the thyme, parsley, Cajun spice and the chicken stock. Pour the entire bean mixture into a casserole dish, and stir in the BBQ jelly. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and serve.
Serving options: Grated cheese can be added before baking or before serving.