- Cooking spray
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 cup self-rising flour, sifted
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 6 ounces finely chopped smoked salmon
- 1 1/2 cups cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh chives
- 1/2 cup capers
- 1/4 cup julienne smoked salmon
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a 6 capacity muffin tin with cooking spray.
Combine cornmeal, flour and sugar in a bowl. Mix the egg and buttermilk in another bowl and add to the flour mixture, whisking well. Stir in the chopped salmon.
Spoon cornmeal mixture into greased muffin pans.
Bake in the preheated oven for about 12 minutes or until muffins are lightly brown.
For the frosting, whisk the cream cheese with lemon juice, chopped chives, and capers in a medium bowl and set aside
Remove the muffins from the oven and cool completely. When cooled, top the cupcake with the frosting and garnish with strips of smoked salmon.