- 16 sesame seed candies
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 3 teaspoons freshly chopped tarragon leaves
- 2 teaspoons freshly chopped chives
- 3 tablespoons canola oil, plus 4 tablespoons for cooking fish
- 2 pounds fresh seabass, cut into 6 portions
- 2 teaspoons stone-ground mustard
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Grind the sesame seed candies into a rough powder, leaving a few chunks for texture.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Mix the 1 cup of bread crumbs, fresh herbs, ground sesame seed candies and the 3 tablespoons of oil together in a small bowl. The oil should wet the crumbs and will help to keep the crumbs on the fish.
In a large hot skillet add 4 tablespoons of canola oil. When the oil is hot add the fish and sear 1 side until golden brown. Remove the fish from the pan to a large oven-proof serving dish and allow to cool slightly, around 3 minutes.
Using a spatula flip the fish over and lightly coat the seared side of the fish with the mustard. Cover the top of the fish with the bread crumb mixture.
Bake in the preheated oven until flesh is firm, about 12 minutes. Serve immediately.