Seafood Hot Dogs with Sweet Mustard Sauerkraut
- 3 egg whites
- 1/2 pound scallops, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 pound cleaned and deveined shrimp, chopped
- 1 pound sea bass fillet, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1 pound salmon fillet, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- Cayenne pepper, to taste
- Pork casings, cleaned and soaked
- Fish stock or water, for poaching
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 2 cups well drained sauerkraut
- 4 tablespoons sweet mustard
- 4 teaspoons chopped fresh tarragon leaves
Cook's Note: all ingredients should be as cold as possible.
In a blender combine the egg whites, scallops, and salt and pepper, to taste. Blend until a puree is formed, then slowly add the heavy cream. When thoroughly mixed, pour into a metal bowl and put over a bowl of ice water.
Add the shrimp, sea bass and salmon to the scallop mixture and gently fold to combine.
Cook's Note: At this point you can do a test with the finished mixture by bringing a small saucepan of water to a boil over medium heat and adding a small amount of the mixture. Reduce the heat and simmer until the mixture floats to the top. Cool it in a bowl of ice water and taste. This will tell you if you've seasoned it correctly before you stuff the mixture into the casings.
Stuff the seafood mixture into the pork casing, and tie into 4-inch links. In a medium saucepan, bring the fish stock or water to a simmer over low heat. Add the links and poach gently until cooked through.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.