Seared Tuna with Hummus on Crostini
- 1 (16-ounce) can chick peas, drained
- 3 cloves garlic, quartered
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 pound fresh tuna steaks
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 baguette loaf French bread or sesame seed loaf, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 12 to 18 small sprigs parsley
In a food processor, combine chick peas, garlic, parsley, sesame seeds and red pepper flakes, and pulse until coarsely chopped and combined. Remove to a bowl, stir in extra-virgin olive oil, and add lemon juice.
Heat canola oil in a saute pan and season tuna with salt, pepper, and paprika. Sear both sides and remove to a utility platter to let rest.
While tuna is resting, arrange bread slices on baking sheet and toast in oven.
Slice tuna and assemble appetizers by spooning hummus on each toast round and then topping with a piece of tuna. Top tuna with another small amount of hummus, about 1/8 teaspoon, and a small sprig of parsley.
Copyright 2007, Robert Irvine, All Rights Reserved
Recipe courtesy of Robin Miller
Recipe courtesy of Emeril Lagasse