Shrimp and Cheddar Grits
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups uncooked quick grits
- 6 ounces raw chopped shrimp
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons butter (1/2 stick)
- 4 tablespoons sliced scallions (5 to 6 scallions)
- 2 tablespoons diced tomatoes (about 1 plum tomato)
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh cilantro plus several small sprigs for garnish
- 4 ounces shredded Cheddar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Bring water to a boil. Add grits, chopped shrimp, reduce heat to low and cook until grits are soft, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in butter, scallions, tomatoes, cilantro, and cheese. Season, to taste, with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Pancetta Wrapped Bayou La Batre Shrimp with Rikards Mill Yellow Corn Grits and Grilled Heirloom Tomatoes, Coconut Shrimp with Curried Tomato, Lime and Roasted Garlic Coulis, Shrimp Bisque with Shrimp Boulettes, Baked Ham Recipes, Cheese Dip Recipes, Chicken Cordon Bleu Recipes, Macaroni and Cheese Recipes, Easy Snack, Easy Dinner