Shrimp and Cheddar Grits
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups uncooked quick grits
- 6 ounces raw chopped shrimp
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons butter (1/2 stick)
- 4 tablespoons sliced scallions (5 to 6 scallions)
- 2 tablespoons diced tomatoes (about 1 plum tomato)
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh cilantro plus several small sprigs for garnish
- 4 ounces shredded Cheddar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Bring water to a boil. Add grits, chopped shrimp, reduce heat to low and cook until grits are soft, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in butter, scallions, tomatoes, cilantro, and cheese. Season, to taste, with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Cajun Snapper and Shrimp over Bacon Cheddar Cheese Grits with Red Pepper Coulis, Charleston Shrimp and Grits with Tasso Blue Crab Gravy, LoLa Shrimp and Parmesan Polenta Grits with Tomato Basil Concasse, Turkey Breast Recipes, Seafood Soup Recipes, Chicken Breast Recipes, Easy Appetizer Recipes, Stuffed Pork Chops Recipes, Cornish Hen Recipes