Shrimp and Cheddar Grits
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups uncooked quick grits
- 6 ounces raw chopped shrimp
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons butter (1/2 stick)
- 4 tablespoons sliced scallions (5 to 6 scallions)
- 2 tablespoons diced tomatoes (about 1 plum tomato)
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh cilantro plus several small sprigs for garnish
- 4 ounces shredded Cheddar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Bring water to a boil. Add grits, chopped shrimp, reduce heat to low and cook until grits are soft, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in butter, scallions, tomatoes, cilantro, and cheese. Season, to taste, with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.