- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 to 3 sprigs fresh thyme, leaves stripped from stems
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, lightly crushed with the side of a knife blade and quartered
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 pound pork sausage
- 1 pound green beans, trimmed, cut into 1-inch pieces and blanched
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives (about 9 chives), divided
- 4 to 6 freshly sliced scallions, white and tender green parts only
- 8 large red bliss potatoes (about 3 pounds), scrubbed, cut into 1-inch wedges, and boiled until tender
For the dressing:
Through the feed opening of a running blender add, 1 at a time, apple cider vinegar, balsamic vinegar, thyme, Dijon mustard, garlic, honey, salt, and ground black pepper. Leaving the blender running, slowly add the olive oil in a thin stream. Set aside until needed.
For the Salad:
Heat the olive oil over medium-high heat in a saute pan and brown sausage. Remove to a cutting board and slice into 1/4-inch pieces, then return to pan and cook over medium heat until cooked through. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels to drain.
Combine sausage, green beans, 2 tablespoons of the chives, and scallions in a large bowl. Add enough dressing to coat. Then gently fold in potatoes, taste and add enough dressing as needed. Do not feel compelled to use all of the dressing. Serve family style, garnished with remaining chives, and with any extra dressing on the side.