Tomato and Peach Soup
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 1/3 cup diced celery
- 1/3 cup diced shallots
- 1/ 4 cup apple juice
- 1/4 cup tomato juice
- 8 vine-ripe tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 (15-ounce) can peaches, drained or fresh peaches, peeled and chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup vanilla yogurt
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 6 leaves each mint and basil leaves, thinly sliced, for garnish
In saucepot, over medium-high heat, add the grapeseed oil, celery and shallots, and saute until the shallots are translucent. Reduce the heat to medium, then add the apple juice and tomato juice. Bring to a boil, then lower the heat to a simmer. Add the tomatoes and cook for 25 to 30 minutes. Remove the pot from the stove and add the peaches. Puree the mixture with an immersion blender, or cool for 5 minutes and add it to a food processor. Return the pot to the stove over low heat, then add the salt, yogurt and honey and cook for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and whisk in the butter. Portion the soup into bowls and garnish with basil and mint.
Serving options: Sour cream or creme fraiche make a great garnish for this soup.