- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon blended salt and pepper, plus more for seasoning
- Four 4- to 5-ounce portions veal shoulder, tenderized and thin
- 2 tablespoons butter plus 1/4 cup butter or mascarpone
- 1/3 cup marsala wine
- 1 cup mushrooms, quartered or sliced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon blended minced fresh thyme and parsley
- 1 cup veal stock
In a bowl, season the flour with the salt and pepper blend. Then lightly dust all the veal with the seasoned flour.
Next, in a heavy-bottomed saute pan over high heat, warm the 2 tablespoons butter until melted. Then add the dredged veal to the butter. Reduce the heat to medium and allow to cook 2 minutes. Then flip and repeat the process. After cooking, remove the veal and place on a plate or tray. Then deglaze the pan with the marsala. Add the mushrooms, garlic and herbs and stir. Finally, add the stock and allow to blend and reduce for 3 minutes. Taste, then season with salt and pepper. Finally, remove the sauce from the stove. Whisk in the remaining butter and pour over the cooked veal and serve.