Vegetables a la Grecque
- 1/4 cup grapeseed oil
- 1 yellow squash, diced
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 1 red onion, diced
- 15 button mushrooms, cut in quarters
- 2 cups cauliflower florets, blanched
- 1 cup broccoli florets blanched
- 1 cup celery, cut into 1-inch slices
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 cup light olive oil
- 1 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh tarragon leaves
- 1/2 cup rice wine vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions
In a large stainless steel bowl, mix the grapeseed oil and all of the vegetables and olives together. In a glass bowl combine the lemon juice, light olive oil, chili flakes, tarragon, rice wine vinegar, and salt and pepper, to taste.
Combine the dressing with the vegetables and refrigerate for 4 hours, allowing the flavors to meld. When ready to serve, transfer the vegetables to a serving bowl and garnish with scallions.
Cook's Note: Blanching is a form of cooking by which dropping raw vegetables into boiling salted water for 3 to 5 minutes and then immediately transferring to a bowl of iced water. When "shocking" with ice water, it instantly stops the cooking process.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.