Wonton Crisp with Cucumber Tobiko Caviar
- 3 to 4 liters canola, as needed for deep-frying
- 12 (3-inch) square wonton skins cut in 1/2 on the diagonal with a pizza cutter into 24 triangles
- 1 English cucumber, peeled and cut brunoise ( julienne then cut crosswise into 1/16th-inch cubes)
- 2 vine ripened tomatoes, seeds removed and cut brunoise (julienne then cut crosswise into 1/16th-inch cubes)
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons tobiko (green and orange caviar)
- 24 very small parsley sprigs
Heat deep-fryer to 375 degrees F or as recommended by manufacturer for similar foods. Deep fry wonton skins until golden brown and drain on paper towels.
Spoon a small amount on each fried wonton triangle and top with 1/4 teaspoon tobiko caviar. Finish with a parsley sprig.
2008, Robert Irvine, All Rights Reserved.