Artichoke Puree with Crispy Shrimp and Lime
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 pound large or jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup cornmeal or crispy breadcrumbs (Recommended: Progresso)
- 2 teaspoons salt-free lemon and herb seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 (6-ounce) jars marinated artichoke hearts, drained, reserving 1 tablespoon oil from jar 1/2 cup canned white beans, drained
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped parsley leaves
- 1 lime, juiced
Place egg whites in a shallow dish.
In a separate shallow dish, combine cornmeal, herb seasoning and salt. Add shrimp to egg whites and turn to coat. Add to cornmeal mixture and turn to coat. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add shrimp and cook 2 to 3 minutes per side, until opaque in the middle and bright pink on the outside.
Meanwhile, in a food processor, combine artichoke hearts with 1 tablespoon of oil from the jar, white beans and sour cream. Process until smooth. Fold in parsley.
Serve most of the shrimp over artichoke puree (reserve 8 shrimp for another meal). Squeeze lime juice over shrimp and serve on the side.