- 4 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1 fennel bulb, trimmed of any stalks or fronds and thinly sliced
- 1 cup grapefruit sections
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium vegetable or chicken broth
- 1/4 cup finely minced shallots
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Place the spinach, fennel, and grapefruit in a large salad bowl.
In a small bowl, whisk together broth, shallots, parsley, oil, vinegar, and Dijon. Season with salt and pepper.
Pour the vinaigrette over the salad just before serving.