Baked Ricotta Bowls with Chicken and Parmesan and a Mixed Green Salad with Tomato-Basil Vinaigrette
- 1 9 -inch refrigerated pie crust
- 2 chicken breast halves, cooked and diced
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped parsley leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (14-ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/4 cup packed fresh basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 to 6 cups mixed lettuce greens
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Divide crust into 8 pieces and shape each piece into a ball. Press the balls into the bottom and up the sides of an 8-cup mini muffin tin. Set aside.
In a large bowl, combine chicken, ricotta, Cheddar, 1/4 cup of the Parmesan, eggs, Dijon, parsley, salt, and black pepper. Mix well. Spoon mixture into prepared muffin cups and top with remaining Parmesan. Bake 20 minutes, until a knife inserted near the center of 1 cup comes out clean and crust is golden brown.
Meanwhile, in a blender, combine tomatoes, basil, garlic powder, vinegar, and oil. Process until smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve over greens.
Copyright 2006, Robin Miller, All Rights Reserved