BBQ Shrimp Pizza with Onions, Bacon and Jack Blue Cheese Coleslaw
- 1 pound refrigerated or frozen pizza crust or bread dough, thawed according to package directions if frozen
- 1 cup prepared barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onions
- 8 cooked shrimp, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 4 slices turkey bacon, cooked until crisp and crumbled
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- For the coleslaw:
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 packaged coleslaw mix
DirectionsWatch how to make this recipe
Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Roll pizza crust into a large rectangle, about 14 by 10 inches.
Top pizza with barbecue sauce, to within 1/2-inch of the edges. Top with onions, shrimp, bacon, olives, and both cheeses. Bake 10 to 12 minutes, until cheese melts and crust is golden brown.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together the cider vinegar, olive oil and Dijon mustard. Stir in the raisins and the crumbled blue cheese. Season with salt and pepper and toss with the packaged coleslaw mix in a large bowl. Serve with pizza.
Copyright 2006, Robin Miller, All Rights Reserved