Buffalo Chicken Calzone with Blue Cheese Dip
- For calzone:
- Cooking spray
- 2 reserved chicken breast halves, diced, about 2 cups
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2/3 cup reserved tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 pound fresh or frozen pizza or bread dough, thawed according to package directions
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- For dip:
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
In a large bowl, combine chicken, cheese, tomato sauce, liquid smoke, and hot sauce. Mix well and set aside.
Roll dough out, using a rolling pin, to a 12-inch circle. Spread chicken mixture over half of circle, to within 1-inch of the edge. Fold over untopped side so that it meets the other side, forming a half moon. Pinch the edges together to seal.
Transfer calzone to prepared baking sheet and brush the top with olive oil. Sprinkle the top with Parmesan. Using a sharp knife, make a few slits in the top to allow steam to escape during cooking. Bake 15 minutes, until puffed up and golden brown. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.For dip:
While the calzone is baking, in a small bowl, combine sour cream, blue cheese and chives.
Serve calzone sliced with sour cream dip on the side.