- 3 cups quick-cooking rice
- 2 roasted chicken breast halves, about 1 pound
- 1 (15-ounce) can chick peas, drained
- 1 cup reserved roasted vegetables from Roasted Vegetable Stew
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Salt and ground black pepper
Prepare quick-cooking rice according to package instructions. Reserve 1 cup of cooked rice for later in the week.
Cut chicken breasts into 1/2 to 1-inch pieces. Transfer chicken to a medium saucepan. Add chick peas, reserved roasted vegetables, yogurt, curry powder, and cumin and mix well to combine. Set pan over medium-low heat and cook 3 to 5 minutes to heat through. Remove from heat and stir in cilantro. Season, to taste, with salt and black pepper. Serve alongside rice.