Chicken Fried Pork with Sweet Jalapeno Sauce
- 4 (4-ounce) boneless pork chops
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt-free garlic and herb seasoning
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1/2 cup chopped pickled jalapenos
- 1/4 cup honey
In a shallow dish, combine flour and garlic and herb seasoning. Mix well. Add pork to flour mixture and turn to coat both sides.
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add pork and cook 2 minutes per side, until golden brown. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine beef broth, jalapenos and honey. Mix until blended. Add broth-jalapeno mixture to the pork and bring to a simmer. Simmer 3 to 5 minutes, until pork is cooked through and sauce thickens.
Copyright 2006, Robin Miller, All Rights Reserved