Chili-Seared Pork with Pineapple Salsa
- 2 cups diced fresh or canned pineapple
- 1/3 cup diced beefsteak tomato
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 8 (1/2-inch) slices cooked pork tenderloin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- Sauteed Green Beans, recipe follows
In a medium bowl, combine the pineapple, tomato, lime juice, cilantro, and cumin. Toss to combine. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Set aside.
Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Season the pork slices all over with chili powder. Place the slices in the hot skillet and sear 1 minute per side, until golden brown.
Serve the pork slices with Pineapple Salsa spooned over top alongside Sauteed Green Beans.Sauteed Green Beans:
2 cups green beans, trimmed
1 tablespoon butter
1/4 cup almonds, slivered or sliced
Salt and ground black pepper
In a skillet, saute the green beans in butter until tender-crisp. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Before serving, add the almonds to the skillet and heat through until the almonds are toasted.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.