Creamy Fusilli with Mushrooms and Chicken
- 1 pound fusilli
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 12 ounces sliced mushrooms (any variety)
- Cooked chicken fingers (about 12 strips), cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 cup sherry
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup grated Havarti cheese
- 1/3 cup sliced black olives
Cook fusilli according to package directions.
Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and saute 3 to 5 minutes, until mushrooms soften. Add chicken and thyme and cook 1 minute. Add sherry and cook 1 minute. Add chicken broth and bring to a simmer. Whisk together flour and milk and add to chicken mixture. Simmer 2 to 3 minutes, until sauce thickens.
Remove from heat, add cheese and stir until cheese melts. Add fusilli and toss to combine. Fold in black olives. Serve green beans on the side.